Wayfarer Foothills is the starting zone for the norn race. In terms of leveling, the environment here although snowy and wild, is very open and the placement of the Renown Hearts is simple and easy to understand. This way you can’t get lost or frustrated because you don’t know where to go, although there is just a small way or shortcut you can take to ease your travelling through these misty mountains and frozen fields.
To effectively use your time in game and also make sure you take all the Renown Hearts in order and that you don’t get overwhelmed by monsters more powerful than you, it is essential to keep everything in order.
Following will be a walkthrough of the leveling process in the area and what you should take note when encountering every event and Renown Heart task:
1. Horncall Waypoint
2. Go and get the Skill Point where you made your encounter with the giant worm
3. Discover vista back down
4. Honor the Spirit of Raven (2) - Find hidden raven eggs and return them to roosts. Defeat skelk and destroy their nests.
There are raven eggs scattered everywhere so you don’t have to search much. The best thing is that you don’t have to return to give in each egg you get. You can collect multiple eggs and turn them in all at once.
5. Activate Hero's Moot Waypoint
6. Honor the Spirit of Snow Leopard (2) - Speak to Shaman Sigarr to be transformed into a snow leopard and hunt prey.
You can hunt everything from simple prey that dies in one hit like Rabbits to moas that take quite some hits to down. You can also go and use the 1st skill in your skill bar near the bushes around the area to scare off whomever it might be hiding there and kill them. The animal you get is random but there will be the same creatures that are around the area.
7. Go back to Hero's Moot Waypoint
8. Honor the Spirit of Bear (3) - Disarm bear traps, hunt down Svanir trappers, feed bear cubs, and prove your strength against acolytes.
9. View the vista up top
10. Disrupt Grawl worship (3) - Fight the grawl by erasing cave paintings, destroying effigies, and smashing sacrificial offerings.
This is extremely easy and it can be done extremely quick if you focus on erasing cave paintings and smashing sacrificial offerings which are actually stacks of jars that can be found around the cave. Focus on that and you’ll be finishing in no-time.
11. Get the skill point in the tunnel
12. Activate Grawlenfjord Waypoint
13. Honor the Spirit of Wolf (4) - Commune with sacred wolves to start a pack hunt, defeat Sons of Svanir, and free cubs.
The secret here is to sit inside the circle made by the wolves. As long as you sit there, your Renown Heart progress bar will fill every couple of seconds on its own. If you kill also Sons of Svanir, this will progress much faster. It is possible that you will even run into a Dynamic Event, so be ready.
14. Get the Point of Interest - Hirbadd's Camp
15. Activate Outcast's Waypoint
16. Assist Grimarr Molesmasher (5) - Raid the dredge mines of Molensk and destroy their vile machines.
Here you will be able to finish this quick as long as you find enough machines to destroy. YOU can also destroy the little check point houses they have at the entrances and in the mine and also you will be able to do a Dynamic Event having to protect two NPCs that are searching for the same machines to destroy, so running into that will help you finish the Renown Heart much more faster than usual.
17. View the vista deep within the cave
18. Teleport back to Horncall Waypoint
19. TO TRAVEL TO THE NEXT RENOWN HEART TAKE THE PATH WEST OF THE HONOR THE SPIRIT OF BEAR RENOWN HEART
20. Help Bjarni honor the Hare spirit (6) - Find hidden rabbit food and bring it to Bjarni. Scare hungry bunnies away from anyone carrying food.
This task is rather amusing but can become extremely frustrating if you don’t do the right thing. The idea is that after you pick up the rabbit food from the ground, you also have to keep you finger on your F button and make sure you scare off those hungry rabbits as soon as they get near you or they will stumble you and get your food. In this area you should be patient because there are lots of Dynamic Events happening. There is one where you will have to gather some pelts for the woman NPC near the Renown Heart one. Although it might seem like a chore, do it since it will unlock a series of Dynamic Events that are not only very fun but they are also very rewarding.
21. View Vista
22. Activate Osenfold Waypoint
23. Activate Taigan Waypoint
24. Entertain and protect the children (7) - Throw snowballs at children and dodge snowballs thrown at you. Fight off any hostile creatures when the children make someone angry.
The Norn Renown Hearts have more humor in them and this is why this task is also very entertaining. As a pro tip on how to target the children, since they move pretty often and fast, wait for them to try to target another child to throw a snowball and then you can throw yours, progressing through the task. Also watch out for the chat where NPC get angered and transform in various wild animals which you have to bring down to about 5% HP to get the task acknowledgement.
25. Activate Darkriven Waypoint
26. View Vista
27. Get the Skill Point
28. Teleport back to Taigan Waypoint
29. Activate Twinspur Haven Waypoint
30. Assist the Lionguard in Twinspur Haven (8) - Patrol the road to Crossroads Haven, keeping the path clear and eliminating any enemies along the way.
The road is full of old logs that are in the way and you should destroy them. Near every log there will also be 2 or 3 enemies, with more jumping from the crests, but nothing you can’t handle. In town there will also be a Dynamic Event where you will have to protect a small caravan from the wrath of the highway thieves so you can do these two tasks in tandem if you are lucky.
31. View Vista
32. Activate Vendrake's Homestead Waypoint
33. Fight the grawl tribes (9) - Combat the grawl tribe preying on norn settlers.
This quest is very straightforward and it also has a Dynamic Event which you can do simultaneously if you are lucky. Stick around and kill some mobs and that’s about it.
34. Activate Krennak's Homestead Waypoint
35. Fight the ice dragon's corruption (10) - Goal of the area.
36. Get the Skill Point
37. Get the Frozen Maw Interest Point
38. Get the Skill Point near it
39. Teleport back to Twinspur Haven Waypoint
40. View vista in the west
41. Activate Zelechor Hot Springs Waypoint
42. Get the Skill Point near it
TO BE CONTINUED